Topics Forums Chameleons Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

BlakeLeavon
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Meet Vargy! A sly little dude who is the absolute master of pooping in his water dish! He loves crickets and roaches almost as much as being on top of the world!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Pooping in water is very human-esque.  Sounds like Vargy is adapting to domesticated living lol

by the looks of his beautiful color, it looks like you’re doing a great job taking care of him.  Is he a panther chameleon?  Where’d you get him, and what are your tips for successful husbandry?

BlakeLeavon
        Participant

Yup, he’s a Red Panther Chameleon! I actually saw him the day he arrived at a local Pet Food Center and I’d wanted to try raising a chameleon for some time before then so I thought, why not give it a go! I don’t really have many tips aside from the usual: keep em’ well fed (not overfed), maintain a clean envirement, provide a good source of light and heating, and deliver fresh water. Aside from that just be sure to have a clearly ventilated enclosure for the little dude’s and enough substrate and scenery to make them feel at home and give em’ a place to go if they want some alone time.

Zoodulcis

Vargy is absolutely gorgeous!  What sort of dietary supplements do you use for complete nutrition and do you gut load his crickets?

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});