Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

Josiah
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Hi! My name is Lenetta, and I’m a 3-1/2 year old leopard gecko. My human, Josiah, is 14 years old and takes great care of me… sometimes he thinks I’m 25% reptile and 75% spoiled! He got me when he was 10, and since then all his time and energy have gone into making sure I’m the happiest little gecko on the planet.

Sometimes, when Josiah walks into the room my tank is in, I run as fast as I can to the part closest to him and wait patiently. Then Josiah puts his hand in my tank and I will walk onto it, up his arm, and onto his face! It’s soooo much fun!

ABMoore22
      Participant

This is so cute. My son’s Leo does the same thing when he see’s me or him. It shows how much time you’ve (or your son, whoever is the poster haha) spent with her. She look so good too! I’ve never seen a female with a head that large before. Unless it’s one of those giant kinds. (It’s a good thing, not calling her a fat head lol) Shows she eats well. You’ll get a vote from me!

Josiah
        Participant

Thanks so much! Yeah, I definitely have spent a lot of time with her. Im honestly not sure if she is giant or not… I got her from a Petco and of course they don’t tell you the genes, but I wouldn’t be surprised. She’s definitely the biggest leo I’ve ever seen, at least in real life. And tbh, I don’t really care what genes she has. She’s still awesome! ❤️

ABMoore22
          Participant

I understand that. I’m happy with my pets just the way are too. Pet shops usually carry the regular size Leo’s. And she doesn’t look THAT big, though I’ve never seen a giant in person. I’d say either she’s just a big girl or actually a male, as it’s common to misgender them. Lol I’m no pro but usually I do well with morphs. If you add a pic of her from above I may be able to tell you her morph. Mine is a high yellow. From this angle it’s nearly impossible to tell you with confidence. Have you ever had any issues with her sheddings?

Josiah
          Participant

Yeah, I know it’s common to mistake the gender, and actually that did happen with one of my others. The guy I rescued her from said she was male, and I checked and she was definitely female. And I do know she’s a female and just big, since for a homeschool project this year I actually bred her. She was a great breeder, and laid like 6 fertile clutches, of which 8 eggs hatched healthy in the incubator I made. And it was definitely awesome to participate in the breeding of Leo’s!

Here’s a pic, sorry the tank is a little dirty… it was taken right before I cleaned the tank, which prolly wasn’t the best time considering the background but I kept trying to get one and kept forgetting lol. And I don’t know why but the angle makes her look fat lol.

And yeah, I had a few issues a while ago. She was mostly done shedding but had a piece stuck to her back. I knew better, but like an idiot I thought “we’ll, I know they all say not to but it’s such a small piece I don’t think it’ll be a problem.” Then I gently pulled it off and accidentally tore up a little bit of new skin. I got freaked out and the worst part was I knew I was the one who did it. But I just put a little neosporin (the regular kind) on it and she was fine. But I never did that again lol.

Other than that she hasn’t really had many issues… she handled breeding really, really well and surprised me by giving fertile eggs the first time she was bred ever, which shows she was really healthy. And aside from weight loss, which was inevitable, she didn’t have any sort of visible issues with it. She’s always been really sweet and calm, and really good with handling.

Josiah
          Participant

And here’s one picture from when I first got her. It’s one of my favorites, mostly since she actually held still for it lol

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Josiah.

Josiah
          Participant

I don’t know if that went thru. I’ll just attach it to this post.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Josiah.

ABMoore22
          Participant

It’s so cool how much their markings change isn’t it? Sounds like you’ve done a lot of homework on this species, so kudos to you for being a well rounded pet parent. It does say a lot that you successfully bred her. It is said to shorten a females life if she’s bred, but it doesn’t sound like you will do so often. To me she looks high yellow. As is mine. It’s such a common morph today but pretty regardless. I believe if was one of the first morphs bred aside from wild type. They all make their dust get all over the tank so don’t worry about that lol. Doesnt look too bad, could have had a huge poop corner in the picture instead. Haha. At least you clean often enough to prevent that, I’m sure. You will like it here, there’s always something to learn as there is an actual zoologist modorator that usually responds here. Haven’t seen her on in a while so she must be busy elsewhere.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});