Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 4 Favorite

DragonKing
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

Leroy (3.5 years) and Olive (4 months). Took years to get them to hold still long enough for their portrait. Would absolutely love free crickets!!

Attachments:

Tribe_7
      Participant

How fun! I love the portrait behind them. The little one is so tiny!

DragonKing
        Participant

Thank you! I just got Olive (smaller one) in August.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

wow! very nice! Is the Dragon King a dragon breeder? How long have you been painting for? Do you use acrylic or alkyd paints?

DragonKing
        Participant

I am not a breeder, but maybe someday. I love art especially theater and I have been painting for about 10 years. I will use all mediums of paint depending on the texture I want, but mostly just watercolors.

ABMoore22
      Participant

Wow. They’re both gorgeous. Especially like the big boy. Welcome regardless, but I’ll especially welcome a fellow artist. Your painting is adorable! I can’t paint very well yet, but I can sketch.

One of my drawings.

ABMoore22
        Participant

If you’re interested in sites to maybe post some of your stuff, I know a few I use.

DragonKing
          Participant

Absolutely! I love your sketch as well and thank you for all your comments!

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

very impressive detail on the cat’s fur! how long does it take to craft one of those pieces? Does your cat actually sit for that long??

ABMoore22
          Participant

Some replies aren’t posting so idk what y’all will see. Lol

And thank you! This was actually a commission for a Christmas gift. But this cat is actually one of my cats’ sister. I rescued her and gave her to who this gift was purchased for. I Put it in a frame and all that.

I usually use reference photos of the animal, even of my own pets. So much easier that way. This photo took me about a week to complete. Usually closer to two weeks but I had to rush to do this before Christmas. Do draw each individual strand of fur. Some people do it differently, but that’s how I do it as I’m self taught.

Viewing 3 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});