Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

Kara Earles
      Participant
      Cricket Contest.

My new baby beardie, Rhodonite. This is the first time he actually see what’s outside. He stood like that for a good ten minutes.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Rhodonite’s a great name! is there a story behind it? Or did you just come up with it on your own? And it looks like he’s eager to get outside! Were you able to let him explore the great outdoors at all?

Kara Earles
        Participant

I have two more beardies, my girl, Iolite (i-o-lite) and my handsome fellar, Jasper & now my handsome little guy, Rhodonite. They’re named after gemstones.

Zoodulcis

He does look fascinated. Where did you get him?

Kara Earles
        Participant

The story behind that is my hubs & I had to go to PetSmart to pick up a few items for my other two beardies. My hubs said to me “Don’t you dare go over to the beardies. Stay away from them.” Ok so I did. I’m looking for the items when my hubs comes up to me and said “ don’t go over there. They have some juveniles and a red morph.” Well of course I went over there. I found my little guy. The female employee walked over to me and said do you want to hold him?” I said yes. She then said I think he’s over six months old and if I’m right, he’s free.” I looked at my hubs with my sad face and he said go ahead. She went to talk to the GM then came back and said “He’s on his way with the adoption papers.” I already had extra stuff at the house. I just needed to buy another basking bulb and the long one too. That’s how I came about getting him. He’s my very first baby. My girl used to belong to my daughter and my fellar, I rescued him from a very bad environment. They’re all my babies. I’m known as beardies_mama.

Zoodulcis

I have to say that the sad face narrative actually made me LOL. Excellent that you were able to adopt him. I have lots of rhodonite beads so I suspected that you had a gemstone thing going on. I like it!

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});