Topics Forums Leopard Geckos Cricket Contest

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 3 Favorite

shellfishgrind
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Ringo!! Ringo loves ALL feeder insects but crickets are his FAVORITE and are the only insects that make his tail wag back and forth like an excited puppy. He would be honored and very thankful to win this contest 🙏🏻 🙌

Zoodulcis

That’s hilarious! How old is he and when did he start wagging his tail?

shellfishgrind
        Participant

I got him at about 2 months and was already doing it. I sure hope he never stops cause it really makes my day lol

Zoodulcis

Maybe you should breed him as a special tail-wagging morph!

shellfishgrind
          Participant

LMAO I wish there was a way to post a video of it on here 😜

ABMoore22
          Participant

Did you get him at pet value/pet land?

shellfishgrind
          Participant

Petco 😀

ABMoore22
      Participant

Lol, I wonder if this is a male leopard gecko thing then. I know they do the tail wag to distract predators (before they drop the tail) and also when fighting another male. But mine also does this when he’s eating a favorite food as well. I thought he was just weird or very excited. Haha. Wonder if ours are related?

shellfishgrind
        Participant

Well petco told me it was a male but who really knows lol I’ve been given the wrong info before from petsmart with my beardie 🤷

ABMoore22
          Participant

Oh pet shops are notorious for the wrong info! They have no training at all for the animals themselves. There are threads on here for how to tell or do a quick Google search. I usually go by a lump at the base of tail behind their privates (that slit under there) and pores. If they have both, you have a male. Males are also larger with usually larger heads. There’s also a way to tell with a light. But I’ve never done it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});