Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest – July 2019 Winner!

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 15 Favorite

JK032116
      Participant
      Cricket Contest – July 2019 Winner!

My name is Luna Lovegood.  I’m still learning to eat my fruits and vegetables…cough…cough…because my Mom hides my crickets until after I’ve eaten some.  I sure do love my crickets though.  Yumm.

Attachments:

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Wow, great picture.  Luna looks very happy in her environment.  And that’s an impressive rock she gets to climb.  Hopefully it’s not a heat rock, correct?

JK032116
      Participant

Thank you CritterDepot.  No, it isn’t a heated rock.  We use overhead basking light and UVB light not any heat mats or heat rocks.  That’s her favorite place to bask.  When it’s bedtime she is found in her log.

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

It didn’t look like a heat rock, but was just checking 🙂   I’m sure you know they can harm bearded dragons.  But she has a log too?!  Sounds like a very impressive habitat!  Where did you find her?

JK032116
      Participant

We did a lot of research about Bearded Dragons before we decided what type of reptile would be best for us.  I’ve seen it posted about heat rocks being very dangerous, but I really appreciate you making sure.  I’d hate to injure her due to not knowing.  I’ll take a picture of her habitat when I get home to post.  The picture I have is before we added her lounger.  She is in a 40 gallon aquarium.  She would prefer if she was never in it unless she is shedding though.  When she is shedding she is a bit of a diva and will puff her beard out if you even look at her.  She is all about the love otherwise.  Oh I forgot to answer your question.  We got her from a Petco.  I know they aren’t ideal for healthy animals, but we have gotten very lucky.  She is a happy, healthy girl.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by JK032116.

youbetya44
      Participant

Awww what a cutie! Luna, you’re beautiful!

JK032116
      Participant

This is her current habitat.

Attachments:

Echo
      Participant

Oh, she’s lovely. ♥

JK032116
      Participant

Thank you.  She is awesome and she knows it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by JK032116.

Zoodulcis

Luna is certainly a happy girl.  I love the Harry Potter reference, by the way.  It’s good that you get her to eat some veggies, just bear in mind that as a juvenile she needs a higher cricket to veggie ratio than she will as an adult.  Do you gut load all of your cricket for her?

JK032116
      Participant

Thanks.  We are big Harry Potter fans.  Yes, she eats much more gut loaded crickets than veggies, but if you don’t feed her veggies before you show her the crickets she will not eat them to hold out for the good stuff.  She’s a smart girl.

Zoodulcis

Harry Potte trivia… the young woman that played Luna was just as pleasant, positive, and spacey off stage as on stage, according to other Harry Potter friends of mine who met her.  That same beautiful, mature woman is now rippin’ it up as a competitive ballroom dancer.  So your girl is sort of named for an actress who defies all Hollywood norms and still lives life to the fullest.  May that be your girl’s karma as well.  Do you have any tips on gut-loading formulations that you would care to share with our adoring readers?

JK032116
      Participant

That is very cool.  Thank you for telling me.  I hadn’t heard that about her and I’m always down for some Harry Potter fun facts.  We do use feed the Flunker’s Orange Cube Complete, as well as alternating some fruits and veggies, and we soak a sponge in water and put in our keeper.  We made our keeper with a storage tub with locking lid, drilled holes, and cut out the majority of the lid to install screen.  I have to give my aunt credit for this keeper idea.  She made one for her feeder crickets for her bearded dragon and told me how to do it.  It was the best investment we have made for sure.  Way cheaper than buying a premade cricket keeper.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

JKO32116, congratulations!  With 15 Critter Golds, you are the official winner for the month of July 2019!  Be on the lookout for an email that contains your coupon code for free crickets.  This coupon code can be used 12 times.

Hope Luna enjoys them!

JK032116
      Participant

Thank you so much!  Luna will be very grateful.

Zoodulcis

Congratulations as well to Luna.  It appears as though she took that ‘liquid luck’ potion!

Viewing 14 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});