Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Cricket Contest

• This topic has 13 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by JenK.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts 2 Favorite

JenK
      Participant
      Cricket Contest

This is Loki……….and his blankie. He is our rotten, adorable and funny beardie. One of 7 reptiles we own but by far the funniest.

Zoodulcis

We have some really adorable photos this month, and this one is in the top three. How old is this little fashionista?

JenK
        Participant

We adopted Loki from a lady who could no longer care for him. He is about 2 1/2 years old. We have had him for 4 months and are totally in love with him

Zoodulcis

Seems like she took good care of him while she had him, but I can see that he is lucky to have you. Did you actively seek out a reptile rescue, or did you just stumble upon him?

JenK
          Participant

She did! We hadn’t actively seeked him out, a friend of a friend of a friend situation occurred. She had spoken to a friend about needing to get rid of him because she just couldn’t care for him anymore and through the chain of friends she was told about us (my son is a natural born herpetologist) and how we own and handle reptiles.
          So she contacted me to see if we would take Loki. It made her feel MUCH better to know that he was going to a family who would spend time with him and knew HOW to care for him.

Zoodulcis

That’s the sort of tail I like to hear. Rehoming beloved pets is SO hard on people, it must have given her great comfort to be able to find him a loving home. What other sorts of reptiles do you have?

JenK
          Participant

We have 3 leopard geckos, 2 Kenyan Sand Boas, a gargoyle gecko and Loki the bearded dragon.
          You will sense a theme: Their names are Ollie, Dinah, Ikaris, Manny, Shado, Arkham and Loki

Zoodulcis

Wow, a mini-zoo. What do you think about the personalities of the sand boas?

erickung
          Participant

so cute♥ I am thinking about buying one, as my Jack died not so long ago.. So this picture really heats my heart.

JenK
          Participant

Sand boas are sooooo chill. I highly recommend them as a first snake for anyone. Easy care (except I do have one that WILL NOT eat frozen mice and must have live.) for the most part and not at all skittish or aggressive

Zoodulcis

I had heard that they were really sweet. Good to get confirmation of that. Do they seem to enjoy being handled, or to just patiently tolerate it?

JenK
          Participant

I would say both! I have one who doesn’t mind being held but is very glad to be back in his “room” when you are done. The other one prefers being out and really likes to go in my son’s hoodie pockets and just ride around. LOL

Zoodulcis

Ah ha!!! That speaks to very individual personalities and tolerance for stress and novelty. Just guessing here, but is the one that likes to engage in hoodie adventures the same one that will accept an f/t mouse?

JenK
          Participant

Yep! You guessed it. 😉

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});