Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Jessica Garbis
      Participant
      Cricket Contest 🦎

This is waffle! My make veiled chameleon. He loves crickets 🙂

Zoodulcis

He looks like he is saying ‘feed me’! How long have you had him?

Jessica Garbis
        Participant

Haha! He’s only been in my care a couple weeks and holy crap he never stops eating 😂

Jessica Garbis
        Participant

We think he’s about 7 months old or so, he’s definitely got a huge personality. He’s a fun, sometimes grumpy little dude. We love him

Zoodulcis

So he’s still a growing boy. They can eat a surprising amount of food. Are you faithfully gut-loading all of his crickets?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

Yep! Both him AND his crickets are very spoiled ☺️

CritterDepot
          Keymaster

that’s an awesome looking habitat. How big is it? can you share some pics of the enclosure?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

Thanks! I’m at work right now, but he’s in his recently upgraded 2x2x4ft. He came to me from a friend who got him from someone who had him in one of those too-small cheap chameleon kits, and way too skinny, so these last two weeks I’ve been upgrading everything and it’s been really fun seeing his attitude improve with his surroundings!

Zoodulcis

So in a way, he is a rescue. Good for you for taking him on. He may grow to be less grumpy in time, given improved care and a better environment. Is he your
          first chameleon?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

He’s definitely opened up a bit in the short time I’ve had him. He’s not my first, I had a Jackson’s a few years ago!

Zoodulcis

All chameleons are pretty intriguing. So why the name Waffle?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

We really wanted to give him a Stranger Things related name, so in honor of Eggos we thought waffle was fitting 😂🧇

Zoodulcis

I take it you are a Stranger Things fan. Cool. How did his need for a new home come to your attention?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

My friend called me out of the blue and said she just picked up a chameleon from someone who was moving away and caring for it was too overwhelming for her since she’s never had one before. I’m glad I took the opportunity because he really needed some improvements. Here he is with his gorgeous pajamas on last night 😍

Zoodulcis

It may be a coincidence, but he really looks like he is trying to imitate the foliage around him. He really is quite colorful. Nice habitat, by the way, looks like you went all out for him. How often do you take him out of his lovely abode?

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

Unfortunately he is one of the veiled chameleons that notoriously doesn’t really like to be touched. I’ve taken him out just a few times while cleaning and upgrading and whatnot and he always rushes to get back inside. He’s one of those “leave me alone” chameleons

Zoodulcis

Well, perhaps in time he will get a little more comfortable with it, but I doubt he will ever leap into your arms. Will you be acquiring a friend for him, or will he be a bachelor all of his days

Jessica Garbis
          Participant

Nope he will be a Lone Ranger! Very solitude focused lizards, lol! But that just means all the spoils go to him, livin the good life

Zoodulcis

Too Right!!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});