Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket care. HELP

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 1 Favorite

cricket baby
      Participant

They get orange blocks, potatoes, oatmeal, and cornmeal. Then the yellow and blue flukers quenchers. The last batch lasted a week. That’s so not good enough. Especially when it’s 500. They were doing good then they just started dying.  They have a plastic tub that I put mesh rectangle on top and side. And drilled a bunch of holes for ventilation since I read that was important. Going to try keeping them darker. Just getting really frustrated.

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Sorry to hear this, Cricket Baby.  Do you have a pic of the habitat and set up?  We’ve never been a fan of the quenchers or the orange cubes.  But I know some people have success with them.  What temps were you keeping them in?  How old were the crickets?  Were you cleaning out the deceased crickets?  Your ventilation sounds like it might be ok, be we normally advise people not to use lids or mesh.  Crickets are great horizontal jumpers.  But not so much vertically.

cricket baby
      Participant

Well like I said I do have other things I have read for them to eat. Otherwise what do you recommend? With the egg cartons they climb to the top so not much of a jump to get out. Do they need to be basically kept in dark?

Attachments:

CritterDepot
        Keymaster

Your habitat doesn’t have enough ventilation.  I know it looks like you have a bunch of holes drilled in there, but it’s just not enough.  I would get a taller tub, with a wider bottom.  Here’s a video we created that discusses how to breed crickets:

Viewing 2 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});