Topics Forums Crested Geckos Crested gecko has deformed ear

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Devin
      Participant
      Crested gecko has deformed ear

Hey! New here. This is my first crested gecko and she seems to have a deformed ear. Her head is shaped differently, like it’s not symmetrical. She does not have any discharge, doesn’t seem to affect anything. Im just wondering if its normal for them to have deformed ears? Sorry its hard to get good pics but can try to get more. Thanks for any insight

Zoodulcis

Genetic abnormalities are all too common in cresties. They may be the result of inbreeding, poor husbandry, incubation mishaps and other problems. Eyes and eyelids are the most common complaint, sometimes jaws as well. To be of more help and encouragement, how old is the little one? How long have you had her? Does it seem to be getting worse as she develops. Perhaps the most important question would be does it seem to be troubling her. Many owners of deformed cresties just accept it unless the animal seems in pain or unable to function.

Devin
        Participant

Thank you for the response! I’ve only had her for about 2 months and I know she is younger, maybe 8 months old. She does not seem to have any problems and does not seem to be in pain. I was just curious if I should be concerned by the deformity. I’ll keep a close eye on her to make sure it doesn’t turn into anything more! Thank you 😊

Zoodulcis

Very happy to have been able to give you information that puts your mind at ease. Have fun with your tiny friend!

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});