Topics Forums Bearded Dragons Colonel loves crickets!! Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts 7 Favorite

amybergeron
      Participant
      Colonel loves crickets!! Yum! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Iโ€™m hoping this post will help me win 500 crickets for our dear beardie, Colonel Mustard! ย Heโ€™s our 19 month old baby and loves him some crickets! ย Good luck to all participants and wishing everyone and their pets a good day!!

CritterDepot
      Keymaster

Beautiful morph!

amybergeron
      Participant

Thank you!

Savannah125
      Participant

Your bearded dragon looks like my bearded dragon Yoshi!

Zoodulcis

Ah Amy, don’t you know it’s not nice to post a picture of someone on the toilet? ๐Ÿ˜‰ย  Seriously though, he is really fine looking.ย  Besides crickets, what other food does he enjoy?

amybergeron
      Participant

Haha! ย I guess I didnโ€™t think about invading Colonelโ€™s toilet time privacy! ย ๐Ÿ˜‚. He loves to relax on a towel on the toilet after his bath is done. ๐Ÿ›€ ย Colonel loves all kinds of food: collards, mango, red peppers, papaya, mustard greens, blackberries, squash, superworms, dubia roaches and of course CRICKETS!

๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—๐Ÿฆ—

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a very well-rounded diet.ย  What sort of supplementations do you dust the food with?

amybergeron
      Participant

Colonel gets his repti-vitamins 2x per week in addition to his calcium dust.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like a sounds supplementation strategy.ย  What sort of greens does he enjoy?

amybergeron
      Participant

We use collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens, endive, and basil leaves (calcium supplement).

Zoodulcis

Basil leaves!ย  Now that’s a new one on me but I don’t know why not.ย  I guess it’s not on most people’s reptile food list due to cost.ย  It does have a number of health benefits (basil oil is particularly effective in certain therapeutic uses for certain illnesses). Thank you for that comprehensive list and a new item that can safely be added to a diet, and many forum members will take note and thank you as well.ย  I take it he likes them quite well?

amybergeron
      Participant

Yes, Basil leaves are an excellent source of calcium and vitamin A! I have one plant in my kitchen and itโ€™s pretty self sustaining for months. Iโ€™ll leave basil leaves around his tank too so he can munch on them and the leaves have a great aroma. Helps me and Colonel Mustard out! ๐Ÿ˜†

amybergeron
      Participant

We also give Colonel mango occasionally, papaya which he loves and can have daily, and I shred raw butternut squash as a topping for his food. They love added color in their greens so it entices him and is good for him.

amybergeron
      Participant

Colonel is still hoping and crossing his claws to win some crickets!! ๐Ÿฆ— ๐ŸฆŽ

Zoodulcis

The Colonel looks like he is clean and shining and very aesthetically pleasing in black and white after his bath.ย  Tell the Colonel to get all of his friends to log on and give him a Critter Gold.ย  That is the best way to win those yummy jumpers!

Viewing 14 reply threads

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});