Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

Hannah
      Participant
      Bloated dumpy

My dumpy from has been laying in water for a few days now and today hes a balloon please help idk what to do. I saw on google to let him soak in bottled water. I got my frog from a local pet store and they just had it named dumpy frog. Temp during the day is 70-80 my mom is constantly turning off and on her heat which makes the cage temp fluctuate. There’s a basking spur that reaches about 90. Humidity is about 60. I have him in the chameleon zoo med cage with different levels in the cage so he can find the right comfortable spot to sit. I feed him crickets and I was not dusting them because ever website for dumpy frog care didnt say anything about dusting their food neither did the store workers when I asked about his care. He’s not in a tank with any other animals. He’s been sitting in the water more recently. I bought this container you bury in the substrate that goes at a slight slant so one part is a little deeper which he usually can stand in. He got in there and started floating upside down. I haven’t touched him in awhile other then him jumping on me when I put Crickets in his cage so I take him off me and today when I moved him to a container to see if he had any dots on him. I’ve tried looking up what’s wrong but they said either egg bound because I don’t know for sure the gender or an infection or kidney failure. I think I’ve had him for a full year now.

Zoodulcis

Sure looks like constipation or impaction to me. The constant changes in temperature are not a good thing at this point, so try to encourage your mom to desist for a while. Do you know when the last time he pooped was? If you can’t be sure it was in the last 10 days, then he needs to soak in dechlorinated tap water with 1 tsp of honey dissolved into it. The water should be no colder than 75 degrees when you put him into the bath. It could take a couple of days, and it may not solve the problem, but many many forum members have had tremendous luck with this, and it does no harm so it’s worth a try.

Hannah
        Participant

I unfortunately don’t know the last time he pooped I’ve been gone on vacation and the friend watching him didn’t know much about pets other then how to feed them. I’ve kept him in bottles water since yesterday around 2 and his stomach doesn’t feel tight like he’s going to to busy but still big and he’s peeling

Zoodulcis

He’s peeling? Could he be molting?

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});