Topics Forums Lizards Baby Anole, Tiny Tim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts Favorite

BM22
      Participant
      Baby Anole, Tiny Tim

Thought you guys would enjoy seeing this little guy. My Anoles have laid some eggs, so far we have this guy, one egg that was a dud and one that was just laid this week. This is Tiny Tim, he is doing great and eating/hunting like a champ. He loves baby mealworms, baby waxworms and baby crickets. He’s checking out the camera here.

Attachments:

BM22
      Participant

Found a second one!

Attachments:

Zoodulcis

Congratulations!! How many in total if all goes well?

BM22
          Participant

Thank you. They were laid in a 55 gallon terrarium, and mother hid the eggs well so theyre hard to find. So far we only have the 2 babies and 1 egg. Had another egg but it was a dud. If the current egg hatches we’ll have 3. Thankfully I have baby mealworms and baby waxworms on hand for them. Pinhead crickets will be here tomorrow. They are so tiny. Thinner than a pencil and body (not including tail) is about 1/2 inch long.

Zoodulcis

Sounds like the reptile parent’s equivalent of “The Agony and the Ecstasy.” Now I’m dating myself with this reference to an old movie, but you get the point. I can’t wait to hear the outcome. Fingers crossed for anole #3!

BM22
          Participant

Haha, I hope it hatches. I honestly didnt expect them to breed or if they did the eggs to hatch. I’ve read online that they arent easy to breed in captivity and have the babies live. Must be doing something right. lol

BM22
          Participant

Got 3 babies now! Pinhead crickets got here on time, so they now have that added to their diet. Ive seen 2 out of the 3 eat so far. Seem to be pretty good hunters.

Zoodulcis

Oh you must be so pleased. Fingers crossed that the 3rd one eats today. How many crickets do those little things consume? Not many I bet, at least not yet.

Viewing 1 reply thread

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});