Topics Forums Everything Else Cricket Contest Reply To: Cricket Contest

LadyShia77
Participant

Thank you and they are fun. She’s one of my favorites out of my jumpers. Each one has their own personality and she has always hunted from the top or side of her hideaway. She would wait for a fruit fly or cricket to come close and then pounce. Sometimes even doing little flips as she pounces. Sprite was actually wild caught as a juvenile on my neighbor’s fence. I’ve found Phidippus Putnamis to not be very common in the jumping spider hobby, but Phidippus Audax (bold or daring jumping spiders) and Phidippus Regius (regal jumping spiders) among other species can be found captive bred. Depending on your area, you may be able to search sunny areas and find wild jumpers to catch. If it doesn’t work out you can always let wild caught jumpers go since they would be native to your area. All of my adult audaxes were wild caught and both my girls laid egg sacs so I have several captive born juveniles now lol. Spiders In The Attic on Facebook is where I got my captive bred Regius from if you want a good breeder to get a spood from or find other reputable spood breeders. Handling depends on each spider’s personality and the owner. I never hold mine as accidents can happen, some can be flighty (they can bite but it’s not anything major unless you’re allergic), and I have children and other pets. Jumping spiders, on average, live anywhere from about a year to sometimes over 2 years in captivity. Putnamis are among my favorite jumping spider species if you can find them. They are very lively little spoods. I hope this helps you. Let me know if I missed anything.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by LadyShia77.

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});